I have a degree on Information System Engineering and a PhD in Computer Science at the Argentinian National University.
Before joining the SIRIS Lab Research team in 2017, I worked on Knowledge Engineering for 7 years with a particular focus on applied solutions in diverse domains. During my PhD, I worked in collaboration with a team of process systems engineers on an ontology-based framework to support supervision of industrial processes.
From 2015 to 2017 I worked as a postdoc in an Argentinian-French research project about semantic-based temporal representation and reasoning for studying time-evolving geospatial phenomena. In this context, I was hired by the ICUBE laboratory (Strasbourg University – France) where I worked for several months between 2015 and 2016.
Since 2010, I have been an associate professor of Artificial Intelligence at UCEL (Universidad del Centro Educativo Latinoamericano – Rosario – Argentina).
I am especially interested on Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, Formal Ontologies and Semantic Web Technologies but also, I enjoy working on areas like cryptography and nonlinear dynamical systems.
- Roda, F., Zanni-Merk, C.: An intelligent data analysis framework for supporting perception of geospatial phenomena. In: Formal Ontology in Information Systems – Proceedings of the 9th International Conference (FOIS 2016). Frontiers in Artiﬁcial Intelligence and Applications, IOS Press (2016) 95 – 108 3
- Roda, F., Musulin, E.: An ontology-based framework to support intelligent data analysis of sensor measurements. Expert Systems with Applications 41 (2014) 7914–7926 5
- Roda, F., Musulin, E.: An ontology-based framework to support multivariate qualitative data analysis. In: Computer Aided Chemical Engineering. Volume 33. Elsevier (2014) 1891–1896 6
- Roda, F., Musulin, E., Basualdo, M.: Ontology-based Representation Schemes for data integration in plant information systems. Iberoamerican Journal of Industrial Engineering 5(9) (2013) 171–185 8
- Musulin, E., Roda, F., Basualdo, M.: A knowledge-driven approach for process supervision in chemical plants. Computers & Chemical Engineering 59 (2013) 164–177 9
- Musulin, E., Roda, F., Basualdo, M.: Ontology-based expert system for process supervision. In: Computer Aided Chemical Engineering. Volume 30. Elsevier (2012) 957–961 11
- Roda, F., Musulin, E., Basualdo, M.: Knowledge based supervision system with application to the tennessee eastman process. In: 23 Congreso Argentino de Control Automático (23 AADECA). (2012) 13
- Lara, L., Roda, F.: Propiedades cualitativas de un modelo de inventario con rotura. Iberoamerican Journal of Industrial Engineering 4(7) (2012) 215–230 14
- Roda, F., Lara, L.: Chaotic cipher using the duﬃng equation. Information Security Journal: A Global Perspective 19(6) (2010) 320–327 16 – Roda, F., Lara, L.: Cifrado caótico. In: IV Internacional Conference on Engineering and Computer Education. (2009) 1171–1175 17
Personal page of Fernando at ResearchGate: