I joined the SIRIS LAB R&D Division of SIRIS Academic SL in 2014, in Barcelona. My main research interests include disciplinary, as well as, transdisciplinary studies. Since 2010 to 2013, I have been an Assistant Professor in the KRDB Research Centre, at the Faculty of Computer Science, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (Italy). I studied Philosophy in Milano and did my master’s thesis on modal logic-based representations of first order quantification. After the graduation, I did a Master’s Degree at the University of Milano-Bicocca, and this led me to a PhD project at the Department of Computer Science, Systems, and Communication (DISCo) in the same university. Then I finished my PhD dissertation on a formal model for the design of knowledge-based systems for the chemical compound formulation problem. I have been a postdoc researcher at the Department of Computer Science, Systems, and Communication in Milano-Bicocca, working on Knowledge Representation formalisms based on non-classical logics. In between 2009 and 2010, I have been visiting researcher at the University of Barcelona (Spain), Department of Logic, History and Philosophy of Science.
Research interest(s): Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR&R), Non-classical Modal and Hybrid Modal Logics, Formal Ontology, Ontologies, Theoretical Foundations of Conceptual Modeling, Cultural Evolution and Evolutionary Studies.
- Calavanese, D., Liuzzo, P., Mosca, A., Remeseal, J., Rezk, M., Rull, G.. Ontology-based data integration in EPNet: Production and distribution of food during the Roman Empire, Engineering Application of Artificial Intelligence (EAAI), to appear.
- Mosca, A., Remeseal, J., Rezk, M., Rull, G.. Knowledge Representation in EPNet. In Morzy, Tadeusz, Patrick Valduriez, and Ladjel Bellatreche, Eds. New Trends in Databases and Information Systems: ADBIS 2015. Poitiers, France, September 8-11, 2015. Communications in Computer and Information Science Proceedings, Vol. 539, pp. 427-437. Springer, 2015.
- Calvanese, D., Mosca, A., Remeseal, J., Rezk, M., Rull, G.. A ‘Historical Case’ of Ontology-Based Data Access, Proceedings of the 2015 Digital Heritage International Congress, Vol. 2, pp. 291-298, IEEE, Granada, 2015, ISBN: 978-1-5090-0047-0.
- Remesal, J., Díaz-Guilera, A., Rondelli, B., Rubio, X., Aguilera, A., Martín-Arroyo, D., Mosca, A., Rull, G.. The EPNet Project. In Information Technologies for Epigraphy and Cultural Heritage. Proceedings of the First EAGLE International Conference (Paris, September 29-30 – October, 1, 2014), Roma 2014, 455-464.
- Franconi, E., Mosca, A., Oriol, X., Rull, G., Teniente, E. Logic Foundations of the OCL Modelling Language. JELIA 2014 Proceedings, LNAI 8761, pp. 657–664. Springer International Publishing Switzerland, 2014.
- Franconi, E., Gutierrez, C., Mosca, A., Pirrò, G., Rosati, R. The Logic of Extensional RDFS. Proceedings of the ISWC-2013, Part I, LNCS 8218.
- Solomakhin, D., Mosca, A., Franconi, E. Logic-based reasoning support for SBVR. Fundamenta Informaticae, Vol. 124-4, pp. 543-560, 2013.
- Franconi, E., Mosca, A. Towards a core ORM2 language. In Proceedings of the On the Move to Meaningful Internet Systems: OTM 2013 Workshops, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 8186, 2013.
- Casini, G., Mosca, A. Non-monotonic reasoning in conceptual modeling and ontology design: A proposal. Advanced Information Systems Engineering Workshops, Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, Volume 148, 2013, pp 361-370.
- Franconi, E., Mosca, A., Solomakhin, D. ORM2: Formalisation and Encoding in OWL2. In Proceedings of the On the Move to Meaningful Internet Systems: OTM 2012 Workshops, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 7567, 2012, pp. 368-378.
Personal page of Alessandro at ResearchGate: